Friday, January 26, 2007

CAB Song


This is a picture of me singing the long lived CAB song at a Local Coffee House.
I bet Gray Gillies had no idea that weekday morning when she picked up Chris' guitar and played the only chord she new (A) and began to sing that she was creating a song that would be heard all over the country (at least in a different province)

This quant little song was first sung during Coffee Break at Taylor College in 2004. We had gone out dancing for my Birthday a while before and had a wild Cab experience. This experience caused Gray to share her past experiences in a Cab and then the wheels began to turn.

She picked up Chris' guitar at break and placed her fingers on the 2nd fret in just the right way to create the A chord. She strummed the A a little and then out came the song......

A before B except after C cab song..... That was the chorus that was sung in between the various lines...
We had a good laugh while telling our stories in song form (all on the same chord) then sticking the chorus in between each sentence. Before we knew it we had a real Pheobe song on our hands!

SInce then I have played the song a few times at home and then... it was Requested at the Coffee House.....
GASP.. I was terrified and excited all at the same time.. Little did the guys know that it has been a dream of mine to one day sing at a Coffee House like Pheobe from Friends, "Smelly Cat" style.

So.. Thank you Gray!!!!! you made my dreams come true!

6 comments:

gray said...

Jr. I really didn't have any idea that CAB song would make it that far across the country.

Much Love

Jen said...

Oh man, the CAB song...I remember that day. It was hilarious. I remember that not one or two people joined in on that but EVERYONE!! It was an intense community moment & now memory...

Anonymous said...

I can picture you singing smelly cat. :O)

Anonymous said...

lol...I wish I was there Jen. I probably really would have enjoyed that. Maybe next time I see Gray I'll request it.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard the CAB song but I have heard Jen singing like Pheobe.. I can hear it now Jen.. funny how some things you just can not get out of your head no matter how bad it is,,,LOL...Love ya.. Mum Remember Mama Mouse!!

Jennifer said...

How could I forget Mama Mouse!