Monday, January 08, 2007

Brush your teeth and FLOSS EVERY DAY!



Hello to all my dear friends and fellow tooth brushers.

Today I got my first 2 of 3 cavities drilled and Filled since I was a little Girl.
I had been so proud of myself for not having any fillings in my adult teeth until my visit to the Dentist this year.
I had not been to the dentist since I got married as I was no longer covered under my parents plan, so when Chris' plan went through we headed to the Dentist.

I WAS excited to have my teeth checked and cleaned




and then.. I got the bad news. I had 3 cavities, one of which was cause for great concern as it was on the brink of spreading into the nerve.


So, today I had 2 molars drilled and drilled and drilled and scraped and blood sucked and rinsed until they couldnt drill, scrap, suck or rinse anymore.




This experience was not as fun as I remembered it being as a little girl.
My Dentist would tell me that he was going to poke me with a magic wand and it would make my mouth feel funny and then he was put a rain coat with buttons over my mouth and it would soon be over..plus.. I knew that when I was done I would get a SWEET TOY.

Today.. was not the same... and I have concluded that either my childhood Dentist was a liar or that this guy was plain old mean.
He poked me with a needle.. and there was nothing magic about it.. and then he poked again and again and again.. I rememinded myself as he was poking me that I would soon appreciate the needle as he drilled.
Does this look like a magic wand to you????

Then.. He attempted to put the Rain coat on but the Button Popped off! AND part way through the proceedure he decided to wedge it in a little further.. Praise God for that needle!
Have you ever seen a Rain Coat that looked like this?

Any way.. to top it all off.. I ended up with a sore mouth and NO TOY!

So a word to the wise.. FLOSS FLOSS FLOSS.
I hate flossing but not as much as I hate getting a filling.
Tell me about your favorite or least favorite visit to the dentist.

5 comments:

Shawn Branch said...

The thought of the dentist makes my teeth hurt.

PS: Like the new colors.

Jen said...

I was 9 or 10 and I went to the dentist to have a tooth pulled and he wasn't very friendly. First he poked me with a needle (we both know how I feel about needles) and he then poked me with a pokey thing to see if I was frozen and I wasn't!! So again with the needle, then the pokey thing this happen 3 times and then when he poked me again and I jumped up (because it hurt) he said this is pointless.. and left...Then my Dad took me to McDonalds...

Anonymous said...

even the word dentist is scarry, I have had to times in my life, both when i was a wee little guy, when I really wondered if dentist's were sane.
Once, when we lived in Quebec, I was at the dentist getting a filling, and he was smoking while working on my teeth. I was like 10 at the time.
The other, I was 15, it was in Montreal, we show up at this new dentist (the other guy disappeared, I sometimes wonder if he blew himself up smoking around the gas or something...) So, we go to the new guy, and his operating room is done up in like clouds and a blue sky, and there are balloons all over the place, so I'm sitting in the chair wondering what's with the room looking like a circus when in comes a clown. (I hate clowns, they are scary!!) So, this clown turns out to be the dentist and he wants to work on my teeth dressed as a clown and he's talking to me like i'm in kindergarden, i'm like a teenager, does he not get this!!!!
Fortunately we moved to Ont when I was 16 and the dentists there didn't seem to be as disturbed as in Quebec.

Jennifer said...

Oh My Goodness.. That would freak me out too! THanks for the story Paul

Anonymous said...

Your mom kept tellin me to read this cause it was so hilarious. I agree! I hate the dentist- and my new one likes to stretch my mouth farther than...? but the last time I was there he decided to do 2 fillings on the left and 1 on the right- and I was supposed to go back to my call center and work. Needless to say I couldn't talk, it was hilarious.

I'm the poster child for dentisty trips- root canal-- surgury on the piece that joins my bottom lip to my gums under my bottom teeth, (they took skin off my mouth and sewed it on there!) EWWW and braces- u never know pain till braces-- ICK ICK ICK! WE should all be born with perfect teeth.