Friday, September 22, 2006

Pens that Bling


Yesterday was a great day , filled with good food and good deals.
The start was a little shakey. Our original plan to go to Ikea was changed to a trip to Oshawa and some one who was suppose to come, coudn't, due to her 2 year old having bad pains in her tummy. (it was heart breaking to watch)

Once we arrived in Oshawa we decided that Chucky Cheese would be a great place to eat since we did have 3 little ones on board. Though, if we were totally honest, we went there for us. After some awesome Pizza with salt and pepper (debbie couldn't have it any other way) we played tons of games and won tickets, collectively we had 94 (finding one after redeeming them) and cashed them in for a sucker and small toy.

Then it was time to hit the mall. While there I shopped for accessories and had great success at a place called "ICING by claires". For those of you in SJ who dont have this store its the Big GIrl version of Claires. I purchased 3 neclaces for $7 (A Good deal in my world) and a ton of Pens.

These pens were set up at the check out (sneaky check out people) and they were only 99 cents. This is a price that is hard to walk away from especially when the pens are brightly colored and adorned with rhinestones. Now tell me what girl does not like pens that bling !?

I decided that the pens would make adorable gifts and bought 8 of them. If you recieve one of these pens from me please do not be offended by its small price tag. Instead, know that I love you and was thinking of you while spending my money. If you do not recieve a pen from me, also do not be offended as I probally don't normally give you gifts anyway. Plus I'm not made of money and can not justify buying 20 pens. However, I do still love you.

To complete our day out we had ice cream (death by chocolate for me) topped off with sprinkles. I then snoozed the whole way home. ( I only snored once)

The day was good and left me feeling exhausted and refreshed all at once.

I hope you enjoyed my reading about my day as much as I enjoyed the day itself

TTYL

9 comments:

gray said...

reading about you shopping is the next best thing to being with you while shopping. I love you Jr.

Jen said...

What color are you going to give me?? LOL

Oh The Wife...I Love You and I miss you a great deal.

Karen said...

I love those pens!! I have a silver one because my sisterin-law is the manager of Icing in Ottawa. I know that is crazy dangerous!!
Glad to hear you had a good day. Sorry to hear some could not make it. I was lucky I did not plan to go because Jay, Kai and I all have come down with the flu!!

Thinking of you often these days,

Anonymous said...

yes...sneaky check out people is RIGHT! pfffffft...so crafty in their craftiness!

Adam O said...

Jen, so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. You and Chris are in my prayers.
I covet your IKEA trip... I have only been there once, but I love, love, love that store.

Anonymous said...

Hey you!
I have never been there & hope you thought of me while you shopped, ate & had fun!! I am glad you had a great day and I love your craziness...
Good to see others do too!!
Lots & Lots of Love, Hugs & Kisses
Mum

Anonymous said...

Dibs on the Green one!!!! I am your sister you have to give it to me even if you don't want too!!!!! hehehehe.......i guess pink would be ok...and purple is my favorite color....blue's nice too....BUT HEY tomorrows my birthday .....just make sure i get the green one...or no gifts for you...EVER....michelle

Jen said...

Did I read Chris' name right? Did you get the job????

gray said...

yeah, congrats on the new job.
Love Love Love