Saturday, July 14, 2007

Extra Extra Read all about it...

Ok.. SO.. I was working in the Labeling room at Ivanhoe and was stamping boxes for the up coming days.
I was making Boxes that said "Extra Thick Cheddar", this required repetitively stamping the word "Extra" on many boxes.
Doing this, of course, caused me to think "Extra Extra read all about it" and said it a few times over in my head.
This then lead me to thinking " I wonder why they said Extra... is it because that was the name of thier paper? Was it because it was simply extra information that no one really needed to know?
So. my question to you is.. Why did they say "Extra Extra!" ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If late breaking new occurred a special edition would be printed in addition to that days paper. This paper would be called an "Extra". The newspaper sellers would shout "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!" People would know there was some important news and buy this special addition.
I'm a fount of usually useless information. Glad I could put some to use.
Reed