Saturday, December 16, 2006

I'm married to the Grinch!

I went shopping last night and came home around midnight with a sweet gift for my husband. Exhausted from the shopping I went to bed..against my better instict without wrapping his gift.

This morning a I got up early, went to the gym came home, showered and headed off to Choir practice without a second thought about that gift.

Later today I was chatting with Chris about our comming week and the shopping that needs to be completed when he informed me that he found his gift and knows what it is.

He then chased me around the house so that he could get the gift from me so he could read the package!!!
I threatened to take it back, but then I wrapped it while pouting and making a small scene. Okay, Okay I made a big scene but you have to know that he does this every year and this year he even bought his own gift in November..
He completely STOLE CHRISTMAS!

Oh well.. just like the story goes..
Christmas came without ribbons! It came without tags!
"It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

So my dear friends I dont feel so sad.. Christmas will come even though he did make me Mad!

this is a pic of what I got him by the way you might as well see it since he already has.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i may.... she did more than make a big scene, she chased me with a knife while she yelled, cried and laughed all at the same time...

Jennifer said...

I do believe you chased me while I was holding the knife!.. So you could say that you chased me with a knife.... I love you!

gray said...

you guys are adorable! I miss you both so much.

Shawn Branch said...

Reason 5649....

Jennifer said...

Shawn.. your just jealous!

Jen said...

Oh man, you are so friken cute!! I love you!!

p.s. you are the best married couple ever!!

Shawn Branch said...

I am so clearly jealous its not even funny...I lie awake in bed at night longing for the day....

Anonymous said...

i'm just happy no one got stabbed :O)

Anonymous said...

i'm just happy no one got stabbed :O)

Anonymous said...

i'm just happy no one got stabbed :O)

Anonymous said...

i'm just happy no one got stabbed :O)

Anonymous said...

i'm just happy no one got stabbed :O)

Jennifer said...

hahah .. Thanks Reed.. Ya you should get it by Christmas!

Jen said...

i could totally see chris saying that...good one christian

Jennifer said...

To Chris' Credit he did help me decorate the Christmas tree this year.
Sigh... he's a good man

Anonymous said...

Oh no Jennnnnnn...I thought you already knew about the man/boy you married...although, i am his mother and am just finding out from his sister(lol) that he was ALWAYS snooping around the hidden presents before christmas. Hes a big snoop!!! Not just snooping, he would open the wrapped gifts that were for him. Bad boy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok. People and Chris. As I recall, for the past 19, 20 years (and yes about 20 years) I believe Chris was the one who did 2 things around Christmas; 1. always excited to decorate the tree, and 2. ALWYAS, ALWAYS the first one to get up one Christmas morning to open the presents. And like i said up until he and Jen had gotten married (when he lived at home, which was not that long ago) he has always been the one to wake everybody up in the house so he could dig into his presents. So, he has not always been like the Grinch and for some reason now in this day in age he has changed his mind totally, it seems. And I don't blame him, cause it is quite commericalized, I totally agree with that. People are stressing out more and more every year about "buying presents", espically now that everything is more expensive in this generation, and not really understanding fully why Christmas comes every year. But people and society are alot more stupider(ok...not a word, but oh well), and have limited commence sence now-a-days, and are sucked into the whole commerical thing. but I don't think he dislikes Christmas as much as he says. hehehehehe. So i thought I would put my put my useless, irrelevant opnion on here. ...oh and Jen, make sure if you get little bro anything else, to wrap it all first cause he was the one who tried to make me snoop in ma and pa's bedroom for presents when we were younger....and now, he has the boys wanting to do it!!! LOLOLOLOL! Well, I probally sound like dad now(scarrrrryyy), so I am going to stop blabing now. LOVE YA'S BOTH A BUNCH!! HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY!! HAHA...kidding....MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas to you too Leah! Love ya lots

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas to you too Leah! Love ya lots

Anonymous said...

oh look at that, dad commented under my sisters name... aint that a pip