Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Christmas At Foundations


Working at Foundations means I had the distinct pleasure of planning, creating and riding on the Foundations Christmas Float.
We decided that our theme would be a Gangsta's Christmas. We choose this theme because the majority of the students who frequent Foundations are wanna be Gangsta's. So, for Costume all girls were to arrive in White Hoodies
and the boys in their regular attire (Black Hoodies) the girls wore Garland in their hair to look like angels and the guys wore red (TEC) scarves.
The Float was decked out in Christmas lights and my Tree ( I used other decorations so It wouldn't feel like my tree). The Students sat on bails of Straw and I stood at the back of the Float behind a make shift counter and dished up Chili, compliments of Capt. Shawn Branch. We had a sign at the front of our Float reading " Christmas at Foundations" and the students ate the chili just as if we were at Foundations.

The real give away that we were Gangsta other then the Hoodies and Mary Jane Bandanas,
was the Gangsta Music, we were the loudest float by far as we pumped out Christian Christmas Rap. I found a CD online called "Gift Rap". It's actually not bad. Anywho, here are some pics... If I have the energy I might put together a slide show with some gangsta music but the pics with have to do for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, jen, that's really putting in a new post!!!

gray said...

I love it.

Jen said...

Your Cute!! & I Love You!!

P.S. I want to hear some of this "Gift Rap" music!!